Since my little girl was a toddler, I started to introduce her to simple household chores. She did not do it regularly then, but she became familiarized with the tasks through time. Believe it or not, she enjoyed doing the chores. I have seen her confidence grow in doing the task. Through time, I know that she will develop mastery and the habit of helping in the home.
Examples of Household Chores for Kids
Sweeping the Floor and Mopping the Floor
Wiping spills, or small furniture
Packing Away Toys and Books
Watering the Plants
Trimming and Caring for the Plants
Setting the Table
Washing the Dishes
Helping with Food Preparation
Folding Clothes or other textiles
Cooking (needs special attention)
Benefits of Assigning House Chores to Kids
- They gain practical skills that they can use even as adults.
- They feel that they become a contributor to the household.
- They feel a sense of accomplishment every time they finish a task.
- They realize what they are capable of, and they gain confidence in doing more.
Tips to help you encourage your child to do household chores.
- Let them observe you do the house chores.
- Give them toddler size cleaning materials.
- Invite them to join you do the chores.
- Make doing chores more fun with songs and games.
- Ensure to assign them age-appropriate chores.
- Give them visual cues to help them remember their chores.
Here’s a printable we use at home to help my little girl remember her chores. There are four designs to choose and download.
I hope you find the printables helpful. If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to put them in the Comments section below.
While the printables are free to download, please refrain from sharing digital or hardcopy to others. Kindly direct them to this direct post instead.
Please feel free to put in your feedback below. You can also tag my account, @everydaymomdayph, on Instagram or Facebook when you use the printables.
Thanks so much!
4 thoughts on “Daily Chores for Kids”
Been looking for similar printables but none has met our needs yet. This is really helpful. Thank you so much.
I am happy that you like the printables. 🙂 Thank you!
You’re welcome Leah. I hope you visit my blog regularly to see new posts and printables. 😀